Anti-Allergen Treatments

Dander, dirt, dust mites, mold, and pollen are allergen triggers that can be found most everywhere. These allergens can be found in your home, work or school and can trigger allergies as well as asthma.

Allergies and asthma allergic diseases develop when your body is overexposed to these allergens. What this means is your body programs itself to treat these normally harmless materials as illness-causing intruders that need to be guarded against in the same way our immune systems guards our bodies by creating IgE antibodies. These allergic diseases can become serious, chronic or even life-threatening.

dust-miteIf you or family members suffer from airborne allergies, dust mites and pet dander are the likely culprits. Dust mites are the second leading cause of allergies, next to pollen. and dust mites are the #1 source and cause of allergens in the home. Bedrooms are the most heavily-affected area where 60% of dust mites and allergens are located in the mattress and pillows with the remaining 40%  located in the carpet.

The first step in eliminating the dust mite allergen is a thorough cleaning of the home, including hot water (steam) extraction of the carpets, rugs, upholstery and mattresses, and laundering of bedding covers and drapes. This step alone will kill and remove approximately 90% or more of dust mite populations and contaminates.

Following the cleaning of the carpets and fabrics, our plant based Anti-Allergen Treatment solution is applied to these items to deactivate any remaining dust mite allergens and suppress their harmful effects for some time to come.

Experts recommend a minimum of annual treatment and more frequently for severe allergy sufferers.